Bath Business Improvement District (Bath BID) is encouraging people to support local businesses on Sunday 14th February for Love Local Day.
Love Local Day is an initiative aimed at driving footfall, or this year mostly web and app traffic, to businesses, highlighting the range of products and services available locally.
Bath BID says support from the community is more important than ever and despite lockdown restrictions there are still lots of ways for people to get involved.
The Welcome to Bath website includes a directory of businesses offering a range of services throughout lockdown including takeaways and grocery delivery. There are also details of other independent local retailers offering goods and services via online selling platforms.
Bath BID has compiled the following list of five easy ways to support local businesses:
- Order a takeaway. Although it is not currently possible to dine out in Bath, many of the city’s restaurants are offering takeaways. Find out more: welcometobath.co.uk/takeaways
- Stock up on essentials. Many of Bath’s shops, restaurants and cafés are currently offering grocery delivery services. Find out more: welcometobath.co.uk/grocery-delivery-services
- Shop online. Bath has an assortment of unique shops offering beautiful items. Find out more: welcometobath.co.uk/online-shops
- Buy a Bath Gift Card. The Bath Gift Card is accepted at over 200 businesses in the city. Find out more: bathgiftcard.com
- Spread the love. A great way to show your appreciation for Bath’s businesses is with a social media shout-out. Tell all your friends you love local on Sunday 14th February, using the hashtag #LoveLocalDay.
Allison Herbert, Chief Executive of Bath BID, said, “We are delighted to be supporting the Love Local Day initiative. It’s never been more important to invest in local businesses and we encourage people to spread the local love and show businesses how much they are valued on Love Local Day.”