Bath’s only business show – The Bath Business Expo is returning to the Assembly Rooms for its sixth year on Wednesday 11th March.
Organised by Get Connected Expos, the event is set to build on the success of 2019’s sold out show that hosted over 100 exhibitors and 500+ visitors.
Be prepared for a day of business learning and networking with a packed schedule of educational seminars on a range of topical subjects, Ask the Expert sessions, speed networking and sector specific networking to truly help you connect.
The event is free to attend, but you must register your attendance via the Bath Business Expo website.
The day is sponsored by Owen Limited Chartered Accountants & Financial Advisors, Datasharp Integrated Communications and Bath & North East Somerset Council. The Business Exchange is proud to be supporting Bath Expo as media partner.
Organisations set to exhibit include Bath College, Computer Network Defence, Cool Ventures, Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), Metro Bank and Minuteman Press.
To kick-start the day there will be a special networking breakfast hosted by Philippa Constable, founder of networking organisation We Mean Biz. The breakfast is designed to be fun and interactive and aims to improve your networking skills. The breakfast begins at 8:30am and continues until the show opens at 10am. It’s £12.50+VAT to attend and the price includes coffee or tea, and breakfast rolls and pastries.
Sector Specific Networking:
- Retail, Leisure, Tourism, Food & Drink and Venues – 10-10:30am
- Networking for IT, Tech, Web, Online Retail and E-Commerce – 10-10:30am
- Creative, Digital, Publishers, Marketers & PR – 10:45-11:15am
- Charities, Third Sector and Social Enterprise – 10:45-11:14am
- Start-up and Young Businesses 11:30am-12pm
- Accounting, Banking, Finance & Law – 11:30-12pm
- Education, Training, Coaching & Business Consultants – 12:15-12:45pm
- Recruitment, HR, Employers, Apprentices & Jobseekers – 12:15-12:45pm
- Healthcare services and Healthcare Tech – 1:45-2:15pm
- Business & Professional Services – 1:45-2:15pm
- Digital, Tech, Science & Innovation – 2:30-3pm
- Property & Construction Professionals – 2:30-3pm
- Sustainability & Low Carbon – 3:15-3:45pm
- International Trade, Import, Export & Manufacturing – 3:15-3:45pm
- Speed Networking – 1-1:30pm
- Cabernet & Connections – 3:45-4:45pm
There are 21 seminar sessions planned for the day including:
- The Buyer Seller Dance with Berkeley Harris, looking at new techniques for modern day selling – 10-10:45am
- Sustainable Business isn’t just good for your bottom line, hosted by Kate Strong, sustainable business strategist, aerospace engineer and TEDx speaker – 10:45-11:15am
- Learn about funding, grants and support available from Innovate UK – 10:45-11:15am
- 10 Marketing Quick Wins with Sean Spooner, Candidate on BBC One’s Young Apprentice and TEdx speaker – 11-11:20am
An interview with Sarah Warby CEO of Lovehoney -11:30-12pm
Managing Editor of The Business Exchange, Anita Jaynes, is interviewing the new CEO of Bath-based sex toy retailer, Lovehoney.
Former Sainsbury’s and Heineken marketing director, Sarah Warby joined the Lovehoney team in September 2019 and is tasked with driving the firm’s next phase of growth.
Sarah has taken over the reins of Lovehoney as its Bath-based co-founders, Richard Longhurst and Neal Slateford step back from its day-to-day running and she is tasked with fulfilling the firm’s ambition for global category leadership.
Sarah lists innovative thinking, great teamwork and compelling leadership as the things that lead to success, defined as the ‘sweet spot between what customers want and what will make a sustainable profit’.
Sarah’s other roles include, Non Executive Director of Moneysupermarket Group and Chief Growth Officer of smart payment app firm, HyperJar Ltd.
As well as Anita’s interview, there will be the opportunity for members of the audience to ask questions.
To confirm your attendance and book onto a seminar or networking session visit: www.bathexpo.co.uk and for more information call:
0800 0126 751 or email: email@example.com
Pictured above: Sarah Warby CEO of Lovehoney (centre) with Lovehoney founders Richard Longhurst and Neal Slateford